Thursday 28 November 2013

let's talk about Benedict Cumberbatch...

Flashback to Friday 13th August, 2013, when I had the incredible luck of meeting the man who holds to honour of being my favourite person in the world: Benedict Cumberbatch.

First of all I just want to say that he is one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever had the opportunity of meeting, and I will forever be grateful for having said opportunity.

But today marks an important moment in my journey since meeting him, for it saw my return to the exact spot where I met him. Now that may sound silly or fangirly to most people, but for me it brought back all of the memories and the feelings from that summer day - not that I'd forgotten any of those memories/feelings - and I found myself longing to relive the time I spent with him, which I do a lot of the time.

A few days after I met Benedict I wrote a little post about it on my Tumblr (see here: http://thinkofchristmasthinkofsnow.tumblr.com/post/58684471393) and I had so many lovely reactions to it. Anyone who knows me in person has more than likely heard this story - or snippets of it - more than once because, honestly, I struggle to not talk about meeting Benedict - or just talking about him in general - because it and he just mean so much to me. And I think my friends realise this, because they rarely tell me to 'shut up' about it or him, which makes me really happy. Most of the time they pretend like they're listening to me, when in reality they're paying me no attention and are just letting me tell the story, or ramble on about Benedict.

But how could I not talk about him? Not only is he an incredibly talented actor - and a pretty damn good looking one at that - he's such a lovely, kind-hearted person too. For him to take the time out of what was going to be a busy day, to come and chat to me and my friend was such a wonderful thing to do. And the appreciation and interest he showed for the home-made welsh cakes I gave him meant a hell of a lot to me.

There's one other thing I'm grateful to him for; there was a woman who met him the same time as me, and when I mentioned about getting into university to study Drama (for which Benedict congratulated me) this woman said I should audition for the play she was directing. Benedict encouraged me to audition for this play and swap details with the woman and I did both. Now I'm in a great play with an amazing bunch of people who I'm so happy to spend time with.

So yeah, there's a brief insight into my love for Benedict Cumberbatch. I could have written a whole lot more but I don't think people would appreciate that.

I'll try and have a more generic and interesting topic for my next post but I hope you enjoyed this one.

Ciao for now!

 ~ Lowri x

No comments:

Post a Comment